Thursday, June 19, 2014

Something Moves Between Me and It, Until the Nature of Both Are Altered

Fiddled around with a few bits of raw footage today as I wanted to see how the heavy and disorienting intensity of the waterfall (recorded on Tuesday at Dettifoss in Vatnajökull National Park) would relate to the shifting patterns produced by movement across reflective surfaces in the studio, you know, the tinfoil – again – and the plastic.  I have to say though, as stupid as they are, I’m really liking these materials.

Any rate, I don’t have any editing software on the computer I have with me (and I can’t be bothered to bang around with iMovie) so I simply trimmed up a couple of clips and strung them together – just to see.  Something there, I think.  I’ll keep going. 

The title of this post is taken from a line in Nan Shepherd’s book, The Living Mountain.


Click HERE to watch the video below on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment